Pages

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Plein Air--From the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains

If you are familiar with this area you know that we are having exceptionally beautiful Fall weather right now.  With the threat of winter right around the corner I am feeling a rush to get outside and PAINT! 
This is one of my very good friends joining me....and getting a bit of a sunburn.  We later added umbrellas and a hat for shade (thanks to a nice gentleman in a golf cart and later a sweet husband on a bike).  

Here is my finished piece, 10x12" painted in 3 hours (photo taken with an iphone...). It is titled "From the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains" and is available through the artist--emily.carruth@gmail.com-- unframed for $290.


*In case you are curious, here is a bit of trivia: "Plein Air" means painting in the open air and was the defining style of French Impressionism.

---------------------------------------
Also, stay tuned for some images of my newest series...three paintings of the Ten Virgins.  I will be posting part of my process along with the finished works.

1 comment:

  1. I love French Impressionism. What a perfect setting for you to create an impressionist painting! I love seeing what you saw and how you painted it! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete